|Copyright 2014 Rekaya Gibson, Photo Credit|
Today, I'm thinking about my northeast friends. I'm sending sunshine dreams and Tropical Popcorn Ball kisses. The balls reminded me of a tropical paradise when I bit into one. The marshmallows are a quick way to add a little variety and sweetness. I kicked it up a notch because I had leftover coconut and nuts. They gave the popcorn extra crunch and flavor. I stored them in a container and left them on the counter which made them chewy. When I preferred cold and hard corn, I put them in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes. Eat the Tropical Popcorn Balls in a day or two; otherwise, the texture changes and they might taste old. Enjoy!
What kind of popcorn do you make or purchase?
Tropical Popcorn Balls
1/2 c. popcorn kernels
1/4 c. butter
10 oz. bag miniature marshmallows
1/2 c. coconut (shredded)
1/2 c. macadamia nuts (chopped)
1. Cook popcorn according to package.
2. Melt butter in large pot.
3. Add marshmallows and stir until melted.
4. Then, pour coconut and macadamia nuts into the pot. Blend well.
5. Add popcorn. Stir until coated.
6. Butter hands and form into balls.
7. Place on parchment paper.
8. Place in refrigerator for about 10 minutes to cool down fast.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I have not received any compensation for writing this post. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”